Thursday, January 8, 2009

Nit Picky.

Over the past few years of my life, I've come to realize just how particular I am about a lot of things I do. Here's a list of some things I feel strongly about:

1. I strongly prefer to walk on the left side of a person and will walk around them and switch sides when they're not paying attention.

2. I hate hate hate walking in front of a person/people. (It makes me feel paranoid) So given a narrow walking spot I'll be found behind.

3. I unconsciously count everything. From how many times I've sprayed hairspray onto my hair, to the number of M&M's I've picked out of a bag.

4. I prefer odd numbers to even numbers. So much so that when arranging dates, I'll pick odd numbered days.

5. I always like to start things (i.e. studying, cooking) at the start of an hour or 1/2 past. (i.e. If I wake up at 8:50am, I will stay in bed until 9:00am to start my day)

6. I allot myself time when gettin ready (i.e. 15 minutes for hair, 10 minutes for make up, 15 minutes to eat)

7. I keep a rubberband on my right wrist, a watch on my left wrist, a tiny clip on my front right belt loop, and a bobbypin in my right pocket.

8. I absolutely can't stand crooked frames. So much so that I've straightened out the frames of awards on a doctor's exam room wall when he walked out for a minute.

9. I carry a nail cutter with me where ever I go because I have a hard time focusing on anything when my nail chips.

10. When adding liquids from a measuring cup to things I'm baking, I always put the cup on a table top to check if the meniscus meets the measurement line exactly.

11. I crop and center all pictures I post in albums.

12. I put a period at the end of blog titles & make the title 2-3 words long because I hate it when titles run into the second line in the "Blog Archive."...and I make sure the font color matches the picture I choose for my blog...

Wow, the more of this I'm writing the crazier I am sounding to myself. But than again who's "normal" anyway? :P Ok, I found a quote that describes my feelings exactly! ;)

"Insane people are always sure that they are fine. It is only the sane people who are willing to admit that they are crazy." --Nora Ephron

1 comment:

_shambhavi_ said...

hahahahaha.... that was cool.