Friday, January 9, 2009

Analyze This II.

Before any major test, I always dream of almost getting violently attacked. I tend to overcome my attacker, which could be my subconscious telling me that I need to/will overcome my test. However, the way my mind chooses to depict that in dreams is always absurd. Take my dream last night for example:

My family and I were headed off to dance practice in a far away city. We decided to take 3 different cars (I don’t know why we felt like wasting hella money on gas or something). My mother and aunt were in one car, my brother and dad in another, and I was in a beat up mini van by myself. I was leading and realized when I got to the location of practice (some underground garage) that no one was behind me anymore.

I parked in some shady looking street near it. The street lights were broken and it was pretty dark, well into the night. As I walked up and down the streets trying to get signal for my almost dead phone to call my parents, some dude that was yapping on his phone spots me, makes a catcall and starts running towards me. As in real life, I had mace on my keychain and I sprayed the crap outta the dude (who was a bald, middle-aged man, with none but 3 teeth in his mouth that protruded out) and forgot about him.

I found one, lone street lamp that somehow gave off phone signal. As I called my parents no one picked up and my phone’s battery was very low. I was overcome with this eerie feeling that everyone but me was killed. I looked around, hoping that they would pull into the street soon. Further down the street I saw the door of my van ajar and cautiously walked toward it. “What the hell, I always lock doors and double check. Did I forget just this once? What the…” My eyes fell on a gasoline box that I immediately recognized as a bomb!

Looking toward the direction of Dude’s car, I saw that he had a remote in his hands to make the bomb go off. Without thinking I threw the gasoline-box-bomb in his direction just as he pushed the button. Hearing his car explode in the distance, I decided it was too dangerous for me to be outside and needed to seek shelter in someone’s home.

I saw one house on the street with their porch light on and cautiously entered. “Hello?” I called out. An old man tried stumbled towards me, and then gave up when he saw a chair close by. He seemed all boozed up. “Ok, he’s too intoxicated and old to be harmful,” I thought to myself. “Sir, can I use your phone?” I asked. He said it was fine but to make no more than two calls.

Seeing how smashed he was, I was pretty sure he was not going to be able to really keep track. As I played with the phone cord of the wall phone and called my parents, I noticed a picture of Dude that I had blown up outside. Shit, it was the guy’s son! I calmly told my parents my whereabouts and they picked me up, and we nonchalantly went to dance practice in that abandoned garage…

1 comment:

_shambhavi_ said...

n i thot only had crazy dreams man!!!
what's all ths stuff!!! :o
woah! i need to sleep... bbye