Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Aarz Kiya Hai.

So the Blog name is ABCD Shayari and I had yet to post up some shayari (poetry). Well here is one of my favorite of all time:

Jis din se judah vo humse hua
Is dil ne dharkna chor diya.
Hai chaand ka mooh utra utra,
Taaro ne chamakna chor diya.
Vo saath humare hota tha
Berut hi bahar ah jaati thi.
Ab laakh baharein bhi ahey
Phoolon ne mehakna chor diya.
Ik din duaa maangi humne,
"Takdir humari badal de ay Malak."
Awaaz yehi ahi ke:
"Humne takdir badalna chor diya."

TRANSLATION:
Since the moment he was separated from me
My heart gave up on beating.
The moon’s face is now colorless and sad,
The stars have given up shining.
When he used to be with me,
It would be a beautiful, endless spring.
Now even when spring comes,
Flowers have given up smelling lovely.
One day I asked in a prayer,
"Oh Lord, have mercy and change my destiny"
The only response I received from above was,
"I have given up changing destinies."

I know, It's pretty emo, but very fitting of the gloomy weather today.

No comments: