Thursday, December 11, 2008

Analyze This.

I have the most absurd dreams ever. I feel like I should start keeping a dream journal again. So in my dream I was walking through this village with homes that were not completely walled. You could see everything going on inside the “houses”; they were packed with children running about, huge TVs blasted on full volume, and old men smoking pipes on the porch. I was in what looked like a third-world country, walking on a stepping stone path to the Gurudwara with my mom.

At the Gurudwara, I ate some snacks in the outdoor Langar Hall and left my purse by this sardar and non-sardar guy. I thought to myself, “Whatever. This is the Gurudwara. People won’t be sinful and steal here. I’ll just get my purse later.” Before I turned away I saw the two guys makeout in the nastiest, raunchiest way ever. I turned away, disgusted, and left to go sit inside for the Kirtan.

When the Kirtan was over, I went outside to eat lunch and the sardar handed me back my purse and keys and said, “You almost forgot this.” and left. I looked closely at my keys and each one was engraved with something. The first key read, “Will you go out with me?” The second key had his name, the third his bday (Year 1987), and a fourth one about him being a student at Sunday Gurudwara School.

As I looked at the keys, I was first skeptical about his age because he looked a lot older than just 21. But I chose to disregard my suspicions because I don’t think I can ever guess a sardar’s age right. Then, I wondered why he’d ask me out if he was allegedly involved with that other non-sardar guy I saw him with earlier. Finally, I realized he was lying about his age because 21-year-olds can’t go to Gurudwara School (or at least in my dream they couldn’t) and deduced that he must've lied about everythin else too. (so my logic may be a little skewed in my sleep)

Needless to say, I woke up feeling pretty disturbed.

No comments: