Saturday, April 25, 2009

Daddy Dearest.

The gated parking lot of my apartment complex has had a couple of break-ins over the past week. Every time I go to my car I have my pepper spray aimed and ready to fire. I seriously hope no one will walk across my path and startle me becuase I know I'll spray them down without thinking twice.
.
Anyway, as I walked to my car today, I saw shards of glass all around my tires and a blade close-by. As par usual, I immediately freaked out and inspected my car closely for broken windows or slashed tires. I found nothing, so I swept away all the glass and drove on home to San Jose.
.
As soon as I got home, I told my dad the entire story to explain why I was late. I tossed a load of laundry into the washer and proceeded to the couch to take a nap. In the middle of my nap, my dad exclaimed, "REENA! DID YOU SEE WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR CAR?!?!" I lept off the couch and ran out the door. I looked in the direction that my dad was pointing expecting only the worst.
.
"Wash me Ms. Rani" was written in the dust that had accumulated on my car. "You woke me up for that?" My dad, still smirking, told me that a car this dirty was definitely worse than a broken window or two. HAHA. I'm still shocked becuase anyone that knows my dad knows that he's a no-nonsense kind of guy. This is quite possibly the only prank that he's pulled on me in the 23 years of my life.

No comments: